This update primarily brings some fixes, and rolls up the last few XDA-released patches into a Play release.
I've released the sources for CF.lumen's performance driver, as example code for library injection and function hooking on Android.
I have finally gotten around to releasing libRootJava, a library that lets you run your Java/Kotlin code as root, straight from your APK, with optional easy Binder-based IPC.
This update primarily brings Android Pie and official Magisk support. It's rolling out on Play now.
Several years ago I used to post most of my articles here (and on XDA, of course). When Google Plus became a thing, I primarily posted there, as I quite liked the platform. I was always a bit distrustful of its longevity, but even though many have been openly negative towards it, it still seemed to be used by a lot of people - especially in tech communities.
As you have probably already heard, 500px is shutting down their API mid-June. 500 Firepaper was built around the 500px API, and this would thus spell the end for the app.
In practice this has already been the case for some time, but today I'm making it official: all my root-related things are now end-of-life.
Reshared from https://plus.google.com/+JorritJongma/posts/UfaGVauiEcm
A little over two years ago I announced SuperSU's impending transfer to CCMT and my eventual leaving the project. Now, at the 10 year anniversary of my first mobile app release (see https://plus.google.com/+Chainfire/posts/8JmUc2EKSsc for a recap of those 10 years), just after SuperSU both turned 5-and-a-half and hit 100 million users on Google Play, the time has come for me to officially announce that retirement.
Hard to believe it has been that long, but today marks the 10 year anniversary of my very first app release: KaiserTweak. An app that let you tweak 50-ish Windows Mobile settings, written specifically for the HTC TyTN II (aka HTC Kaiser) and later ported to a few other popular devices. I had released other tweaks before, but this was the first release that ran as an actual app. If I recall correctly it was written in C# with the .NET Compact Framework 2.0 - an endless source of headaches.